AB PLC 5-15 watchdog error

joe perez

I modify the ladder logic,add some AFI to rungs that might get delete later,and some XIO with address B9:0/0 for jumers around I/O that is being this disable. I made all changes offline.Then download to PLC 5-15.Download OK. Put in run mode and PLC faulted.Fault is S11-8 Watchdog. Need Help

Does Bit B9:0/0 need to be started in a rung to be active maybe a OTE?

A watchdown fault indicative of a backward JMP or other infinite loop in the program scan...The scantime exceeded the watchdog limit.

EDIT: Since you performed offline edits, then the extra burden of accepting edits could not be the culprit...

Impossible to say for sure without seeing hte code.
If you can post again and attach the file, with a zip extension...

Or, if that is not allowed, I would suggest that you:

Search out your JSR, JMP, LBL, and interrupt commands if used...

B9:0/0 is a user address and not the direct cause of a fault. A copy of the program would be necessary to determine its effect on scan time in your particular usage of that bit address.

Paul

Last edited: