Change screen on HMI from GE PLC

blperkins

Hello all,
I'm working on a project using a GE 12" QP View (in the project the model number is IC754Vx12Cxx) and a GE PLC (series 90-30). I have been looking thru the help files for my anwser with out any luck. What I would like to do is turn a bit on/off depending on if a certain panel is displayed or not. Is the GE qiuckpanel view capable of writing a "curentpanel" variable?

With a Quick call to the vendor, I was informed that the GE software doesn't write any sort of "status tag" to the plc indicating what panel is displayed. the only why he knows to do that is to add a script to the panel.

I'm done with the control upgrade on that machine. The scripts I wrote were very basic. For each panel I wrote a script like "paneldisplayed :=1" or whatever number I wanted tied to the panel. then in the PLC turned on / off bits based on the paneldisplayed variable.

However I would like to see how other people handle it or if anybody has a way to change the screen from the PLC. I suppose it would be something like.......

if comandedpanel = 1 then
open main panel
end if

The customer did not have a need for the plc to change the screen so I never got a chance to play around with that part.