Mac 50 and Medoc problem

edgarsky

Hello, my machine unit was connected to Melsec-A series with Mac 50 connected to A2NCPU, several months I did not operate my machine until the battery inside the A2NCPU was dead and busted already, to cut in short the programmed installed at the PLC was already lost,I placed a new battery and fortunately I have a backup medoc data and successfully re-installed at the PLC, my problem is when I tried to operate the machine some initial testing dosn't work, specifically, the initial test for Infrared lights, I understand to operate this unit I need to put some data to MAC 50, but I think it is not possible beacause my MAC 50 already defective and it is hard to find in the market. What is the alternative solution to solve this problem? is it possible to load the program data came from mac 50 to load directly to A2NCPU? what kind of program do I use? I have a Medoc program & MAC 50 program here. plese help me. Thank you.

Edgar

Last edited:
Do you have the PLC and HMI programming software or simply the PLC and HMI progam itself.

I dont know much about the MAC50 but i would say you need to identify the PLC memory that is used by the MAC50 to provide your 'machine settings'.
Once you have acheived that, you can either rewrite the MAC50 into somthing else (EDesigner / Red Lion G3 / many others) or go into online mode and type sensible values directly into the PLC memory. Of course, if it is product settings it would be unreasonable not to jump straight to a new HMI.

I would suggest printing out the MAC50 program to obtain all the configuration data. Post the MAC50 program here if you dont have an editor package and someone is bound to help you

Cheers