RS View Machine Edition- Trending and History

Coachman

I created an application on my PC and downloaded to the Panelview Plus. When I run the application on my PC , I am able to see the
history on the trend when I change screens and come back to the trend, but on the Panelview Plus I am not able see the history,
after changing screens. I have the datalog attached to the trends.
What could I be doing wrong ,I'm sure its something simple.

Thanks,

Where are you storing your datalog??
As you said you´re using a PVP, in this case you have to store the datalog externally since internal memory is not going to be enough for your purpose. Store the datalog in a compact flash memory that has to be installed in the PVP700 ( in my case), you have to configure your ME in order to save datalog inside the CF memory.
Attached figure show how to do it.
config_datalog.JPG

Last edited:
Coachman said:
I created an application on my PC and downloaded to the Panelview Plus. When I run the application on my PC , I am able to see the
history on the trend when I change screens and come back to the trend, but on the Panelview Plus I am not able see the history,
after changing screens. I have the datalog attached to the trends.
What could I be doing wrong ,I'm sure its something simple.

Thanks,
All sounds OK but something is missed so here goes what I do to create trends in PV+

The Data has to be stored in a Data Logging model, Only one is available PanelView+ .

This Data Logging model has to be started in the Start up Tab.

In the Trend you have to select the tags, to be displayed from that Data Logging model, and not from the tag data base.

It appears to me that one of those 3 steps is missing.

I store about 2 days data on the PV+ internal memory any more needs stored on plug in card.