1756-dhrio

ashley

Has anyone tried this configuration shown in the Allen-Bradley knowledgebase document below.

I have done exactly what the knowledgebase document says, except i am using a controlnet driver instead of ethernet for going online onto the controllogix processor, but no success.
I can see the KF2 module in RSLinx, there is no error in the message instruction. But I just can't write a value from the contollogix processor into the PLC5. Don't understand what I am doing wrong.

I'd really appreciate some help from the experts. Thanks.

Here's the link to the AB knowledgebase document:
http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...54537F24504C8EF285256C3900450922?OpenDocument

I would expect there to be an error in the MSG instruction if it's not working, except if it's simply timing out.

Try disconnecting the 1770-KF2 from the PLC-5 and see if the MSG instruction fails with error then.

Try also observing the COMM light on the PLC-5 when somebody manually triggers the MSG instruction, to determine if the message is making it as far as the PLC-5 serial port.

Post the configuration of your MSG instruction, too. Maybe somebody has this combination of products and can see where you've overlooked something.

Thanks Ken.

It was a silly mistake of the baud rates on the KF2 and the PLC5 serial port not matching.