Micologix 1100 & HSC

I have a 1100 series B, FRN 5.0 that I have connected to a 360ppr encoder.
According to the AB manual I can input up to a 40Khz pulse train.
I have tried multiple HSC modes but even mode 0 should allow me to spin the encoder to 110 pm. I cannot even run 60 pm and have the HSC function work.
Should I suspect my encoder?

While OFLINE under I/O Configuration click on the CPU and choose the 'Adv Config' button. Unde the 'Embedded General Configuration' tab make sure your base is chosen correctly ("Bxx"). Then choose the 'Embedded I/O Configuration'. Here you can set the filter time for inputs. It's probably at default. Set the input(s) you are using to the appropriate timing. Then download your program.

Thanks!
This is my 1st use of the 1100 and HSC functionality.
Haven't dealt much with AB in 5 years or so.
I wasn't able to set the base to "B" without getting a Major Error of 0052H. Changing the base back to "A" series works.

Is the 40Khz input limit per encode channel input or the combined input of the 2 encoder inputs?