Slc 5/03

Paul11

Hi first time today logging onto slc 500 5/03. Must say found it quite a challenge. Basically the machine has a rotating table which carries out various functions as it rotates. On one section a cylinder drops down onto a part and carries out a continuity test through a component. If the plc detects a fail then a reset button must be pushed (I:1/11) and the part removed manually. I have fitted a sensor today which drives I:4/11. Reason: If the operator pushes the reset button and does not remove the part then the machine will continue and the reject part will be placed in the non-reject bin. The sensor detects the part and I would like to incorporate this sensor into the reject rung. If the part is faulty then even if the reset push button is pressed then it will still see a fail as the input I:4/11 still see;s the reject part. Can anyone suggest how I can utilize this sensor into the programme.
I'm not looking for some one to carry out my work but I would like some good advise so I can learn quickly and resolve my problem.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Screen shots can be copied to MSPaint and saved as a JPEG then uploaded using attach images at base of screen by copying IMG tags.

I usually fumble my way through.

It's been a while since I've tickled AB... you could even post your program as a zip file... but those without RSLogix can not view to help. Somehow you could print your program to PDF with some freeware off t'internet.

Does this new input also detect a good part, or only a bad part?

If the latter, my suggestion is to look for the logic that allows the table to rotate to the next position, and block that from happening until your new input is clear and the reset PB is pressed. Look for the reset PB input, and put that the sensor must also be off (on?) to allow that condition to pass to the output on the rung.

to print in PDF you can use a utility called pdf995s.exe it will tell you to also load the printer emulator file pspdf995 type the first into you internet browser and it will pull up a link.

http://www.pdf995.com/

here is where yo can get the utility it also works with other software packages such as Omron as your new to SLC's you can print a report and it will print all the info to set comments select the instruction right click it and look for edit description

Another handy advise is to goto the AB website and download the SLC 500 instruction set manual