Airlink Raven or similar cell modem for PLCs - Any experiences?

TimD

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello again,

I have an application that will require wireless data from my PLC through a cell phone network (Sprint). I am looking hard at the Airlink Raven with Ethernet. My processor is a tiny Micrologix 1100. This is my second ulogix in 2 weeks (two different projects).

Can anyone share experiences with me? I'm looking for cost, set up time (lead time), quality of service (static IP?) and interopability with a PLC which will generate SMTP alarms and perhaps allow remote control.

I'm lucky to have this in a well populated area, and cell coverage is 100% on many carriers.

Thanks!

Similar Topics

Hi there just wondering if anyone has any information on connecting rslinx to a Raven X modem and a micrologix 1500 using DF1? Does Rslinx...
Replies
Views
Howdy, I am currently struggling with an array of values that I want to re-arrange in a programmatic way. My program is a mix of ladder and STX...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am a student and would like to take the next step and learn FactoryTalk (Batch preferably) and how to create HMIs etc. Would...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am confused with these two ladder program, it seems to be similar, but there is one that controls the temperature via the...
Replies
Views
Hi, on some PCs that we use at customer locations and that are running non-critical programs, and are running with 'normal' Windows i.e. not Win 7...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom