Can I show video on a PanelView Plus 1000...?

ivanyo

I have a system running with a panelview and it is being monitored by a network camera(IP). I just wanted to know if this video stream could be shown on the panelview.

thanks!

I am not 100% sure, but I think you would need a PanelView Plus CE, which is a PanelView Plus with its Windows CE OS revealed to run 3rd party stuff. I believe the PanelView Plus is locked down and prohibits most 3rd party applications. Then you would also need some Windows CE software/drivers to display the video stream, and the physical means to get the stream into the hardware.Paul

The ordinary PanelView Plus terminals do not support any ActiveX or third party applications, just FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

PanelView Plus CE terminals do support third party ActiveX controls that are compiled for Windows CE 4.10 for x86 processors.

Each time I've investigated this kind of function, I have been disappointed to find that the video device vendor didn't provide a Windows CE version of their driver or ActiveX object, or that they only container their ActiveX supported was Internet Explorer.

What kind of video device are you using ?

I'm using an axis 213PTZ network camera. I can even type its ip address on Internet explorer and see the streaming video.

There is a Technote on the RA Knowledgebase (Article ID # 40078, requires Tech Connect) that describes using the IE ActiveX object to display still images from an Axis camera on a PanelView Plus CE terminal.

You'll have to find out from Axis if they provide a Windows CE-compatible ActiveX object.