Intellution iFix

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there,

Does anybody know if Intellution is compatible with AB PLC compact logix and control logix?

Also is there any common hand held device ,except laptops, that can talk to AB compact logix.

Thanks

iFix works with Compactlogix BUT the standard ABR I/O driver does not (at least it would not a year ago when I tried to implement it). I had to buy the IGS or IGX driver (memory fails me) from Intellution for about $400.00 to make it work. AB tech support helped out after the Compact just would not work on the same type comm setup as the SLC 5/05's. I think that the Controllogix is capable of using either IGS or the ABR driver though.Steve

smiller said:
iFix works with Compactlogix BUT the standard ABR I/O driver does not (at least it would not a year ago when I tried to implement it). I had to buy the IGS or IGX driver (memory fails me) from Intellution for about $400.00 to make it work. AB tech support helped out after the Compact just would not work on the same type comm setup as the SLC 5/05's. I think that the Controllogix is capable of using either IGS or the ABR driver though.Steve

It's been a while since I have used the IGS driver, but I believe that you also save money because you don't need RSLinx with the IGS. I haven't seen any issues with using the IGS driver on SLC or Control and CompactLogix.

We are using the opc driver with linx to talk to an slc and a plc5 through a dh+ card in a control logix chasis. We were using the ABR but it started acting up and we could never get it to reestablish comms. So to sum up it works either way. Just a lot less configuring if you use the opc. All 20 or so of of l32E compactlogix use the opc as well.

It's been a while since I have used the IGS driver, but I believe that you also save money because you don't need RSLinx with the IGS. I haven't seen any issues with using the IGS driver on SLC or Control and CompactLogix.
Yes, there can be a big savings when you have a plant with many plcs.

I install IGS but iFix SCU doesn't see it. The notes say to install in the default PDB folder, which I did.