Automation Direct's STRIDE industrial Ethernet switches

Why would you want to purchase inferior quality products for an automation project? When you are using the IP protocol for industrial applications, the price should not be a factor. Performance is king (just like me), and the more expensive the better. My customers are so happy with my ethernet networks that I charge more than $25 an hour.

I recommend Hirschman switches for everything. In single control panels the normal switches are fine, but for a large system you must have managed switches with IGMP snooping and always use a fibre optic switch which enables you to use stack address scheduling.

I appreciate the replies.

Please keep my actual question in mind. I haven't given any details about my application, and you know nothing of my experience/knowledge level.

Thanks cookie. It's nice to have your expertise acknowledged. I like to think that by passing on good advice it will help the world to appreciate us Engineers for what we really are - the KINGS of manufacturing.

LMAO - actually, I think he said:
I haven't given any details about my application, and you know nothing of my experience/knowledge level.
response:
plcking said:
Thanks cookie. It's nice to have your expertise acknowledged. I like to think that by passing on good advice it will help the world to appreciate us Engineers for what we really are - the KINGS of manufacturing.

Questions about the King? Refer to this thread.

Last edited: