Measuring gas flow

emokar

In the factory i work for, many gas flows are measured. All flowmeters are vortexmeter and near all of them are Krohne's or Bob-Reuthers's.

We are in an investment period so i am about to purchase four new vortexmeters. Which brands do you advise?

emokar said:
In the factory i work for, many gas flows are measured. All flowmeters are vortexmeter and near all of them are Krohne's or Bob-Reuthers's.

We are in an investment period so i am about to purchase four new vortexmeters. Which brands do you advise?

I always use flowline gas meters (www.flowline.co.uk) in my applications. But remember you need to calibrate your meter for the pressure of your supply.

How do you get the flow info to the PLC or RTU?

I have more existing vortexmeters and i want to use HART to read them.But i could not manage to take the info to PLC or SCADA PC...
widelto said:
We use endress + hauser vortex technolgy to measure water steam with no problem. Hart communication.

We use Foxboro and E&H. I prefer E&H simply because I cut my teeth on them as did a lot of folks. I would try this link for some help:
http://www.us.endress.com/

This is E&H home page here in the US. Search for help on HART comm. also they have a help line which I have used before. They have help centers worldwide. I have used both hart comm (which you can download the entire manual) and 4-20 mA for flow, pressure, DP, pressure what ever to PLC and DCS. You sould be good to go with E&H in the field.

It may be a device setup parameter problem biting you. Do you know for sure you device is functioning correctly. What exactly are you doing and with what instrument and I maybe able to walk you through it or somebody here ..... Lots of brain power on this forum ... Helped me many times :)

emokar said:
How do you get the flow info to the PLC or RT

1) Any HArt device by definition has 4-20 mA signal, so you can always use a standard analog card.

2) Many brands of PLC have Hart communications I/O cards available. Check your supplier. These are often third party cards, so also search the web.