AB Dataliner DL30

punder30

:confused: I am trying to edit a old Allen Bradley :rolleyes: Dataliner DL30. I have the manual and software and can play around in there. However, I do not have a cable or "dummy terminal" to communicate with it. This is probally "old school" so excuse my ignorance on this matter. :rolleyes:

The manual said I can use a RS232 cable that converts (inside the cable to TTL logic) and to a RJ connector of somesort on the other side of cable if I use a terminal other than a "dummy terminal." ... :( maybe a PC???

Anyhow, I'm lost on this matter and any help...any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!! :)

🔨

From what I can remember you are correct that the cable has a circuit to convert to ttl level . I went through this relativly recently fortunatly they were able to find the programming keypad (tucked away on a long forgotten shelf) so I could make my changes. I will try to look at the keyboard to see how it is set up with circuitry. If I recall the plug is an rj-11 (phone jack) 6 cond, but I will take a look.

You said you have the software so a pc can be used ,however I have not used the software to make changes. I believe you have to have a copy of the program because it cannot be uploaded from the dl30.

Drewcrew6