cpu 314, how many timers ?

userxyz

I'm a bit affraid that I will need to much timers for a project. The CPU they bought is an 314...

How many timers are possible in this CPU type ?

A 315 = 256 timers, so, if a 314 has 128 timers, then I'll need to upgrade to a 315

:)

Each valve has separate delay before going in alarm.

when the valve is controlled OUT, and the detection doesn't enter within 3s for example, then there is an alarm

Bratt said:
You can use SFB4 and SFB5 i you ran out of timers. But what on earth do you need all the timers for?

EDIT: A cpu 314 6ES7314-1AG13-0AB0 has 256 timers

Ok i always use the built in timing functions in Pdiag for alarms. But if i had to work with messagebits i would have created a FB for each valve type and use a sfb timer as multiple instance inside the FB. Another approach is to use the clockbit and count up an integer

Last edited:

When u want to change a time value, then u need to recompile FB44... ?

Bratt said:
Ok i always use the built in timing functions in Pdiag for alarms. But if i had to work with messagebits i would have created a FB for each valve type and use a sfb timer as multiple instance inside the FB. Another approach is to use the clockbit and count up an integer

Build own

I always build my own timers using the Cycle/Clock Memory Pulse bits from the CPU, it has any pulse resolution for any time period.

U can build your own timer block.All u do is create your own time registers in a Data blocks for example.U can then increment decrement where neccesary...

Rheinhardt

Hi, check out 'multi timers'. Allows you to have extra timers.

Cheers