Bootstrapping Siemens Panel

orense

Hello,

Has somebody ever tried to bootstrap a Siemens panel?

I had problems with updating OS on a Siemens OP277 panel.
After that I could not get the connection working because the panel would not boot up.
It only says bootloader with its version, and a MAC adress.

The manual said I should try to bootstrap using the serial port. I did, but got baud rate detection error.
Have tried every different baud rate, both COM1 and COM3 ports.

COM3 is the only one that is trying to read information from the panel, but while it is doing this it pops up a baud rate detection error message.

Anybody faced similar problem??

brg
Andreas

I did this with an MP277. The MP277 would boot up only far enough to show the Bootloader version and that was it.

I used WinCC Flex and the PC/PPI cable (6ES7 901-3CB30-0XA0). I understand that you can use ProSave instead of WinCC Flex, but I did not try it. I also understand that the PC/PPI cable is the only thing that will work - it all has to be serial, no USB or PCMCIA.

I do not know the OP277 is like, but I had the MP277 DIP switches set to the MPI/DP/PPI setting. I set the PC/PPI cable DIP switches to 115.2 Kbps. In WinCC Flex set the communications (Project -> Transfer -> Transfer Settings) to
Mode: RS232/PPI Multi-Master Cable
Port: Com1
Baud Rate: 115200
I did not have to use the Set PG/PC utility.

Then I started the OS Update (Project -> Transfer -> OS Update). I selected the "Reset to Factory settings" box (in WinCC Flex 2007; it's called "Booting" in WinCC Flex 2005) before clicking the Update OS button. Then I turned on the MP277 and 15 minutes later the panel was usable.
Search the Siemens Support web site for document 19701610 for additional help.

While this is what I used for an MP277, I hope you find it helpful.