How can I download to a PV550 an application without the upload information?

danielo7310

I'm trying to download an aplication to a PV550 RIO, with keypad & touch screen, but it's too long. I know that I can do it without the upload information, to reduce the aplication size, but i don't know how to do it. As I'd read in the PanelBuilder's help, a dialog box would be displayed, but it never appears, What can I do?

That was a seldom-used feature and frankly I've forgotten how to turn on/off that feature. I'll look in the archives.

If this project was built on a template or as a modification of another project, it may have tags that are unused in the project but still are compiled into the *.PVA file so that they can be preserved for upload. The easiest thing to do is to delete unused tags (Tools -> Tag Count -> Purge) so they are removed from the project.

update: I think it's automatic now.

In PanelBuilder32, click on Application -> Application Size.

The resulting window shows you the terminal's storage and RAM size. If the size of the application even without upload data is bigger than the terminal, you cannot download the application.

Another method for reducing the file size is to eliminate unused text objects and bitmaps. Every time you create a new objext with text in it, a new text object gets created. You can trim things down some by changing the text object ID for duplicate strings to the same ID and then delete the unused ones in the text editor.

Paul

Last edited: