using citect to connect to a pepperl fuchs device

darab_cosmin

I have a project for my diploma in wich i have to connect throught profibus a pc and a pepperl-fuchs ksd2-gw-pro 485.For pc I am ussing a simantic net netwok device CP 5613 A2.And I want to conntrol it with citect.Can someone help me?:(

Citect sell a driver from South Africa that works well with Siemens. Ring Citect and have them check it out for you.

adding a device in citect

hy i am very new in citect and i need to connect to a device that is not in the list.Can anyone tell me how can i add the device in the list?(it is a pepperl fuchs and i have the gsd file; is this helpful?)

darab_cosmin said:
hy i am very new in citect and i need to connect to a device that is not in the list.Can anyone tell me how can i add the device in the list?(it is a pepperl fuchs and i have the gsd file; is this helpful?)

Hi Darab cosmin

You have to install Profibus BD driver for citect. Visit following website to download it, it is free.

http://www3.citect.com/driverweb/home/driver_public/?cid=421

Cheer,

new device in citect

i allready have in my list the profibus(i'm ussing a siemens cp5613 card for profibus connection) i don't have the input output device(pepperl fuchs)that i want to monitor.(I have some gsd files can i use them?)
thank you.