CompactLogix ABL command not working?

cisco_kid

I have used this command several times without issue, but never with CompactLogix (L31). The termination character "$r" is specified in the Chan 0 User dialogue, as the 1st term char. I have created a serial port control, ABL_CTRL, to be used only by this ABL command. The ABL is triggered by an XIO ABL_CTRL.EN bit. I have set up a test counter to count the .FD triggers, and it remains at 0.
I expect to use ABL_CTRL.FD to trigger an ARL command.
When I force the ARL command, the data is in the buffer, including the $r char.

I am also doing AWT commands out of this same port. I am wondering if the two (reading and writing) out of the same port are conflicting in some way. I have set up different serial port control tags for each (ABL, ARL, AWT). The AWT portion works fine.

I have considered usisng an ACB command and modifying the .LEN parameter of an ARD control. That doesn't seem as robust though.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
C