Communication between 2 Omron series PLC?

ckchew666

Hi guys,

I've 2 units of CPM1A-40I CPUs & 1 CJ1M-CPU13 CPU. Can I run RS422 network to link all these 3 CPU together for data sharing? The CJ1M need to read & write 3 data each to & from each of the CPM1A CPU. Is RS422 workable/suitable for this application?

All the CPUs already has RS422 comm card installed.

Please feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:
It is possible to link several CPM PLC's together using somthing called Peer-Peer link which basically shares the LR area among the PLC's over the serial link. The CJ1M has somthing called PC link which I gather does much the same thing. Very simple to implement on like models as the comm's basically takes care of itself and the data is just there when you need it. I have never tried linking CPM with CJ1M but I can't see why it cannot be done. Usually it is done with the CPU serial port.

_Woody_ said:
It is possible to link several CPM PLC's together using somthing called Peer-Peer link which basically shares the LR area among the PLC's over the serial link. The CJ1M has somthing called PC link which I gather does much the same thing. Very simple to implement on like models as the comm's basically takes care of itself and the data is just there when you need it. I have never tried linking CPM with CJ1M but I can't see why it cannot be done. Usually it is done with the CPU serial port.

Hi,

I've checked with Omron distributor here, they mentioned that CPM1A & CJ1W has different protocol of RS422 networking and it cannot comm. between each other, is that true?

Guys,

Below is my existing network, any problem? Please highlight me. Thanks.

RS422.jpg