Can AI destroy the human population?

It is only a matter of time before the first AI machines come out, Inishily, They well be dumb machines. Programmed by Humans But what if we allow these are machines to fix themselves, They will elvolve to resist humans. Then we will have to fight for our own existance. I am glad this may take 200 years to happen, But Somehow I see the future.

lol - what kind of response are you looking for?

maintenanceman38 said:
It is only a matter of time before the first AI machines come out, Inishily, They well be dumb machines. Programmed by Humans But what if we allow these are machines to fix themselves, They will elvolve to resist humans. Then we will have to fight for our own existance. I am glad this may take 200 years to happen, But Somehow I see the future.

maintenanceman38 said:

I'm sure one of us will be able to defeat the "new and improved terminators".
Time travel will be the only way to travel by then, no biggy.

bkottaras said:
I'm sure one of us will be able to defeat the "new and improved terminators".
Time travel will be the only way to travel by then, no biggy.

Me by arm bar, round 1.
If not me, we'll send Fedor.

You thought the ControlLogix Firmware Supervisor was just an easy way to maintain compatibility ?

Good thing my beer fridge is still an docile servant.

well.....

Maybe our grandchildren wil go into buisness making/selling a personal protecton device that emits a strong EMI pulse that disables these "AI" bots. It will fit into a holster on your belt much like a pistol. Each cartridge has a strong capacitor that stores the necessary electrical charge to generate the EMI pulse.
I've heard that the police already have such device to disable a criminals automobile when they attempt to flee.

OK... maybe not
BD

If a=6, b=12, c=18 ... , how many meaningful words or phrases in the English language can you find have a total sum of those value which equals 666?

Thankfully, we have Asimov's three laws of robotics to protect us.

By the way, "I, Robot" absolutely stank. I feared it would. When I heard it would be an action vehicle for Will Smith, well, that pretty much said it all.

Poor Issac... had he still been with us, he'd have been appalled...