Mitsubishi Q Series questions

mrtweaver

I was wondering if someone more knowledgable on the Mitsubishi line than myself could answer the following questions concerning the Q series line.

1. What is the current version of GX Developer? I asked the local sales rep but so far it has been 4 days not including the weekend and still have not gotten a response.

2. The version we currently have access to is 8. When I went to attach to the PLC and download the program when it went to one of the subroutine it came up with the error message that that subroutine was written in a newer version and could not download it. That is what leads me to beleive there is a newer version available.

3. In the PLC configuration there is a way to "electronically" set switches which control the communication of the PLC. A way to connect up to the PLC CPU via the serial port to gather data. I was wondering since I dont know that much about this manufacturer, is there a way to change these and send them to the PLC so that only these values are changed and it does not affect any of the ladder logic or anything else?

4. Also in reference to number 3, if I change these values, will it have any affect on the connection of the programming software? Will it have any effect on the operation of the PLC? (other than now allowing OPC connection via the RS232 port)

Thanks and have a great day.