Dataliner

mwatkins

I need to install a DL40 Plus but never programmed one. Do you have an example file that you can send me? I am connecting it to a PLC5/40 RIO. We will be sending messages to the Dataliner.
Thanks for any help

Here is some logic from a program which uses DL40. It is setup using the bit trigger mode, which means you set a bit and it will display the message associated with that bit. The messages reside in the DL40 as well as the mode the DL40 is set up to use.
There are some other modes besides bit trigger, but I think bit trigger is about the easiest to use.

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for examples of the messages programmed in the Dataliner itself.
Thanks

Hello world
danger danger

These are all examples, it is just stored text messages that get displayed by the trigger. Regards Alan