Micrologix 1000 DH-485/HDSlave PLC and an Itermec 3240

genogin

I am trying to conncet an AB Micrologix 1000 DH-485/HDSlave PLC and an Itermec 3240 serial printer. Can this be done?

This application requires a barcode to be printed when a part is made. Part selection is done with a thunbwheel switch. There are 8 part #' and the printer prints a different barcode depending on the part selected.

The format for the labels would be the same just the actual part number would change. What command should I use to tell the 3240 to print and how would I store the command string in my program. I am using RSLogix 500.
Any help would be appreciated very much.

Only if it speaks DF1 or DH 485. Most likely, it needs ASCII commands over RS-232 serial electrical connection, but the ML1000 doesn't let ya choose ASCII serial mode.

You'd need a special interface to the printer or a higher end PLC with ASCII commands available...