Citect Genies Question

Nuts

I am trying to lookup the genies in some citect screens and compare them with a list of genies name.
Is there a dbf file anywhere in citect that stores information about genies in every screen? It would make life hell lot easier if i could just compare using spreadsheets instead of having to visually inspect every screens. I have about 250 screens!

Any ideas?
Thanks

Not sure which version of Citect you are using.

I have experience with 5.41 and 6.0, and can tell you that there is no easy way to cross reference items such as genies or even tags with screens. It is such a pain!

Anyway, what I have done in the past is use a dos/vba script to do a text search through all of the *.ctg files for tag names and then output the cross reference list to excel. I think this could also work for genies, but with 250 pages it would probably take fovever!

Have you tried contacting Citect support?

Depending on the version you can use the graphics builder interface.

With this interface you can control the graphics builder from vb, C#, ...

Marsupilami