Flukes

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have a Fluke i410 AC/DC current clamp and it doesn't work with my Fluke 73III. I don't see anything about it only working with specific models. I was wondering if that is the case or if I am doing something wrong?

I have hooked it up and ran the battery test and that seems to work, I just dont' get any info back when I try to read the amps used by a machine.

Thanks for any advice,
-Joel

I think i have tried every setting on there, I haven't got a reading on any settings.

First of all you want the meter plugged into the Voltage and common terminals, not the current terminals.

You want to set the meter to AC volts if measuring AC current, and DC volts if measuring DC current. This meter puts out 1mV/A so if you are clamped on a circuit that has 10A flowing your meter will read 10mV and so on.

People get confused with these because although they are measuring current they give a voltage output.

Thanks guys, the manual was very helpful. I was attempting to use it on the AC/DC Amp meter

Very common mistake, I've done the same. That clamp is a great tool when plugged into a 123 or 190 scope meter. You can trend motor start ups etc... Also handy with your Multimeter set on Max/min/avg.

Back
Top Bottom