remote rack

tj@coalmont

I'm attempting to
allow two L32e's to access differant cards on a remote flex logix rack through an 1794-aent. is it possible? I'm still waiting on the parts to be delivered for testing.

Should be able to with no problems....

http://www.ab.com/networks/enetfaq.html

EtherNet/IP follows the Producer/Consumer data model, which provides the following benefits over the traditional Client/Server or Source/Destination model:
  • Multiple nodes can consume the same data from a single producer
  • Nodes can be synchronized
  • Optimized bandwidth potential for enhanced performance
  • Protocol easily handles collection, configuration and control data over the same network.
  • No system master needed for network management.
  • Supports Polled, Cyclic, Change of State, and Multicast I/O data exchange.

robertmee said:
Should be able to with no problems....

http://www.ab.com/networks/enetfaq.html

EtherNet/IP follows the Producer/Consumer data model, which provides the following benefits over the traditional Client/Server or Source/Destination model:
  • Multiple nodes can consume the same data from a single producer
  • Nodes can be synchronized
  • Optimized bandwidth potential for enhanced performance
  • Protocol easily handles collection, configuration and control data over the same network.
  • No system master needed for network management.
  • Supports Polled, Cyclic, Change of State, and Multicast I/O data exchange.

Works great as long as you dont need to create those tags online.