DH 485 Network question

firebrd10

I have an application running an AB micrologix 1200 and a DH485 Panelview 1000. They are connected through a Net AIC module. Now my boss wants to add another panelview to this operation and I can't find any documentation on AB to support this.

The DH485 network can support 32 nodes ... Yes
I can have 1 Panelview talk to 2 PLCs ... Yes
Can I connect 2 Panel views to the same PLC ... ????
Does anyone know what hardware I would need???

I was thinking of using the NET-AIC to start the network at the micrologix and using standard AIC modules to wire in each PV???

Any help or validation is appreciated.

Tim

The answer to both questions is yes

Hi Tim

The answer to both questions is yes. I have two locations in my plant were I have just that. The best thing is to go to the Rockwell site and get a copy of AIC+ Advanced Interface Converter. Cat. No. 1761-NET-AIC. You can download a copy from there. They have pictures in the book so I had no problem with the hook up.

Have Fun

Pat