RS500 programming

aronduddy

hello. im new to allen bradley PLCs and can not figure out how to put addresses on any new programming i do on RS500. can any one give me a hand?
thanks

Here is a picture with data base addresses showing just drag and drop is one method, type in the address a you see it dislayed is another, open the help files or press F1on your instruction.
All guesses as to what you want to know, you need to tell us more of what you are wanting

RS5001.JPG

well i have got all my ladder for my program. however, do you see were it says INPUT_XX, OUTPUT_XX, BIT_XX, etc above the logic with the address. im having trouble doing that.

thanks for the quick replys too

Go to an element in your ladder. Right-Click on it. you will see "Cut, Copy, Paste",etc. Above "Toggle Bit" you will see "Edit Symbol, Edit Description". What you have showing in green is the "Symbol". If you select "Edit Description", You can type in whatever you want to call that element.

i was also wondering about the I:0, O:0, and B3:0. how do i get these to give my logic inputs and outputs. also what does the number below it mean?

aronduddy said:
i was also wondering about the I:0, O:0, and B3:0. how do i get these to give my logic inputs and outputs. also what does the number below it mean?

OK. With the SLC-500 family you have a I/O adresses:
I:0/0, O:0/0, B3/0, etc. There are several different ways to display these. For example I:0/0 can be shown as Slot/Bit or Slot.Word/bit ie I:0/0 would be Input:Slot 0/Bit 0 or Input:Slot 0.Word 0/Bit 0...The same holds true for the outputs. The Bit is, in this case, the actual physical input #0. The B3/0 is a little bit different. B3 is the Bit file 3. It can also be displayed as B3:0/0, that is B3: Word 0/ Bit 0. To make this more evident in your ladder; Go to the top of the screen and click on view. Go down to properties and click. The tabbed window, view properties come up. Click the tab "Address Display". Under Bit Address Format, click "Single Line". Then click apply. This will bring that pesky number on the bottom to the top with the other numbers. If you need more information, try the help features in the RSLogix 500 software. If you aren't using this software, disregard the view properties part.

also like in the picture GIL47 posted you can see the data file tables you can pick an address by clicking on it then dragging it to an instruction that will address that instruction, this we help you understand the format.

cheers

myles