PLC2 -> PLC5 conversion - .LIB file

tdanza

I'm attempting to convert a PLC2 program to PLC5, having trouble getting it into RSLogix 5. The 6300-um001-en-p.pdf guide does not detail this last step, and references "PLC-5 Programming Software User's Manual 6200-6.5.5" which I have not been able to find.

How do I get the .LIB file to convert into a PLC-5 project?

I know this conversion has been done before with the software I have access to (I have limited access to PLC2TOPLC5 and PLC2 DOS programs).

Thanks!

allen bradley had a conversion package that will convert the software.

you might find a distributor that still has the software and will do it for you.

you might also try an oem who will do it for a price.

regards,
james

As I understand it, the *.LIB file has to be converted to a *.PC5 file before it can be imported into PLC-5 software.

That's done by a utility called LIB2PC5.EXE which ought to be in the TOPLC5 software directory.

It's just a command-line utility; execute it from the TOPLC5 directory like this: LIB2PC5 C:\PLC2\PROGS\file.lib

Open the resulting *.PC5 file with RSLogix 5.