Incremental Encoder

PERSPOLIS

HI
in reference to PETER article about INCREMENTAL ENCODER (BELOW) how the logic of the rising and falling edges of pulses are done in plc
Thanks you all
Incremental encoders are usually specified as having a certain number of lines, or pulses, per revolution but this is just for one of the phases. Standard practice is to count the rising and falling edges of the two pulse streams rather than just counting pulses. Counting these edges, Figure 2, achieves a position resolution of four times the line resolution. In addition to the two A and B pulse streams, a Z index output normally pulses only once per revolution and often is used in homing.

Similar Topics

I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am using a B&R X20 unit and want to integrate an incremental encoder (OUT A, B, & Z). I have three BOOL digital input pins for my A,B...
Replies
Views
A bit of background here: We use an incremental encoder with a counting module in our PLC configuration. Using dual phase / quadrature counting...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to take the counts I am getting on my plc from an incremental encoder and use them to keep track of position. I have never...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , We are thinking of using a BEI Incremental Encoder for one conveyor control , but keeping track of the speed of this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom