temperature instead of a switch

sas11

Everyone on this site has been a big help. I believe i am on my way with my plc project. Despite the problems due to my lack of experience i am enjoying the learning curve. I have another question. I have my program very close to what i want using switches for temp, pressure, etc. However the more I learn the more questions arise. Is it possible to say, for example read my actual pressure as it goes up and down. Maybe a transducer? if possible I would have no idea how to include in my program but it would be nice to have this ability and view it live on the display.
Thanks Again.

I have not read your other thread(s), but you are correct - to read an analog value, you will need an analog transducer at some stage.

To read that in you will need an analog input in your PLC, and they come in several flavours. There are thermocouple inputs, RTD inputs, millivolt inputs, voltage and/or current inputs. Another way would be to use something similar to a digital thermometer with a serial or other type of digital communications out, and read the values it could send out.