GE - Serial to ethernet

sapoleon

Hi again.
The thing is like this:
I have a plant with 30 VersaMax PLC's (each to a machine), and every one of them, is serial connected to 30 PC's that have Cimplicity.
This Cimplicity in the PCs of every machine, is then in communication with a Cimplicity that works like a server and is in charge of the Data Base.

Now, our client want to get rid of the 30 PCs in the machines, and work only with the Cimplicity server, and connect there the 30 PLCs.
This PLC's doesn't have ethernet connection.

So, my question is if someone did a proyect like that, and how you make the connection to the central SCADA, to read all the PLCs.
Because of the distance, it can not be done with the RS232 like they did today...

thanks.

Thanks Daniel,

That module was our first option, but i has 2 problems, the first is that is too expensive. :(
The second is that we didn't had in the past good results with that module, and even the GE representativo don't recommend it o_O.

So we didn't discard it 100%, but we are looking for other solutions as well.
I was thinking maybe in a redLion with OPC server... still thinking what is going to be the best choice.