OPC Office Link

Hi!

Does anybody have any experience with this product from Rensen?

Initial results were very promising - point and click your way to OPC data on any networked machine!

My specific questions are :

1. How to save sampled data to an excel spreadsheet instead of access?

2. How to configure to launch a new table (or database / spreadsheet) at a given time of day?

Thanks!

TM

I found that this product is most useful if you run it using VBA. You could also link the data to be sampled to cells and use VBA to copy and past the values to another cell/worksheet. If you are not farmiliar with VBA, this code can be generated using the macro recorder.

The following code will schedule the even in VBA:

Public Sub MyTimer()

'This sub will look at the system clock every second. At the "ActionTime", the sub "MySub" will be exicuted.

Dim PauseTime, Start
Dim OneShot As Boolean
Dim ActionTime As String

ActionTime = "08:45" ' Time To start your sub
PauseTime = 1 ' Timer is in seconds.

Do While 1 'Or conditon to break

If Timer < Start + PauseTime Then
DoEvents ' Yield to other processes.
Else
If ActionTime = Format(Time, "hh:mm") Then
If OneShot = False Then Call MySub ' Call your routine here
OneShot = True