Siemens S5 -> S7

Balls Ache

Hi
At work I've been tasked with upgrading a S135U with 928 processor to a new S74xx. The PLC controls a conveyor system with loads of PB's, FB's, DB's and is mainly progrmmed in STL with some LAD. Can I rely on the S5 to S7 convertor or will this not convert all blocks in the program? Is there anything else I need to look out for? Is this enough info?
We are attempting to do this upgrade at minimal cost.

Thanks in advance.

Steveo

The S5 to S7 conversion tool included with the S7 software is very good BUT it is not 100%.

When you run it you will get a list of errors and blocks that cannot be converted.

It really depends on what you want? If you re-write the program yourself you will get a better understanding of it and should be able to write most of it in LAD if that is easier for you to understand?

Feel free to send me a copy of the S5 program if you want any hints/tips etc when you decide to start the conversion.

Best regards,

Hi
Thanks for the replies guys. my boss has just told me today the business does not want to spend the money right now but wait till after Christmas. That gives me some time to think about re-writing the code, I may call upon your assistance sometime shortly.

Once again many thanks and I'll watch those Data Blocks.

Steveo

Plc S5 To S7

Hi
I have PLC S5 115uU and I try to use CPU S7 414 and S5 I/O rack. When I converter S5 program , i find some eroor for FB 12 ( FIFO ) and Fb 250 ( Read Analog input ) and FB 251 ( Write to analog Output).
Could you help me how can fixed these errors.
My email: [email protected]

Thanks
Albert

moggie said:
The S5 to S7 conversion tool included with the S7 software is very good BUT it is not 100%.

When you run it you will get a list of errors and blocks that cannot be converted.

It really depends on what you want? If you re-write the program yourself you will get a better understanding of it and should be able to write most of it in LAD if that is easier for you to understand?

Feel free to send me a copy of the S5 program if you want any hints/tips etc when you decide to start the conversion.

Best regards,

Hi
At work I've been tasked with upgrading a S135U with 928 processor to a new S74xx. The PLC controls a conveyor system with loads of PB's, FB's, DB's and is mainly progrmmed in STL with some LAD. Can I rely on the S5 to S7 convertor or will this not convert all blocks in the program? Is there anything else I need to look out for? Is this enough info?
We are attempting to do this upgrade at minimal cost.

Thanks in advance.

Steveo

Try to have a look on INAT X5/X7
http://inat.de/index.php?215&backPID=215&tt_products=175&L=1

Here you only change the CPU and the S5 program run with no change. New program is made with Step7 and the S5 and S7 program runs parallel.