more help w/clx & modbus

timmyh

Does anyone know if it is a nescesity to use rs-485 with the modbus slave program (that can be found in the rslogix project folder)? Or will a rs-232 cable be fine. I have everything hooked up for testing but I can not read anything off of the serial port. I have an MB1 driver set up as the master, the station in the plc and the primary station in MB1 is the same, all communications are set to be the same ie baud rate etc... and the mb1 is connected through rs-232. Can anybody help me.

Tim

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I have learned a lot about incremental encoders today. But I am down to one last issue and it's a big one. I have 8 incremental...
Replies
Views
I've downloaded my cmore and clx projects to their respective devices and have established communication and control. One of the screens co2 has...
Replies
Views
Hi, i uploaded program from Allen Bradley PLC, i need someone to help me elaborate more on this uploaded project will appreciate any help thanks
Replies
Views
So far so good, Almost done with this migration stuff Someone please help me on this one: ERROR IS: ''Bit and LSBit triggered alarms that used...
Replies
Views
I'm using a Do-More and a Leuze Electronic ODSL 9 sensor to monitor a large hydraulic cylinder. I have to calculate and log the velocity. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom