RSView ME Trending Question

johnfarrugi

I have an application that is controlling 3 servos. I want to create a trend that shows the velocity and/or position and/or torque curves. I dont believe the HMI will be able to scan the data quick enough. I want to have the operator press a start button on the HMI which will cause the PLC to store the data curve in a table for the entire servo move, which is about 2 seconds. Then plot the data on a graph. So I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to plot a graph based on the data in an array. I'm using a CLX PLC.

When i´m working with servos, the only trend i can set up is the one that is located inside the rslogix 5k, i´ve never use trends with servo tags on a PV, think they´re too slow to show something.

From what I've seen, plotting anything as a graph is impossible. Trending is the only option. However, I have used the trending to trend 5 servos, a linear resistor, and a loadcell on the same screen, which worked fine. Since the only thing you will be doing with the trend is looking at it, you can get away with an imperfect curve. You can set the update rate of the trend separately from the update rate of the screen.

If you need better than that, you should start looking at storing arrays in the PLC and using some other tool to extract the data and plot it.

That could be an option, although I don't know of any controls offhand. If you are using a PanelView+ for the HMI, you will have to be careful about what controls you pick because most controls will not work on Windows CE.