No Communication in same type of Models of S7-300 and PC

Utco

Dear all,
I tried to download program on a S7-300 PLC (CPU 315-2PN/DP)that is not done.
But the same program I tried on the same other PLC CPU 315-2PN/DP and did.
Though the two PLCs are from same lot, one PLC is communicating and other not what will be the possible reason?
Also there is no faulty LED display on the CPU and is in Run mode
Can anybody tell me why there is no communication between the PC and PLC to download the same program?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Take out the MMC card from the working CPU, fit it into the non-working CPU. Do a memory reset. Check communications.

This will eliminate any issues with the configuration of ports on the CPU.

Thanks for quick reply Rohan!
I tried the replacement of the MMC. After replacement of MMC on the PLCs the faulty PLC is communicating now. (I think that was not faulty!)
But now the second PLC is not communicating! Whether the memory reset is necessary? How to reset memory because there is no communication?

Last edited:
Now we know that the issue is just configuration of the ports.

What is your communication mode for connecting to the PLCs? Profibus or MPI? If you are using the PC-USB adapter then set the mode to AUTO. Try communicating with the PLC.

WHat do you see when you try to view accessible nodes?

Memory reset does not erase the contents of the MMC card. You can reset the memory from the keyswitch. The process is :

1. Turn the key to MR position. Hold it till the LED blinks twice.
2. Release the key
3. With a second, bring it down to MR postion. The LED will flicker vigorously and memory is reset.

Once the LED is steady, you can switch to RUN mode.

Software is showing the following message after click on Accessible nodes button

Message 33:17075
Message Description:
All stations on this subnet must have the same value for the transmission rate. The interrupt may not be assigned for other hardware components. The MPI addresses in the network must be unique, meaning each address may only be assigned once. The local Station address must also not be greater than the highest station address in the programmable controller.

In simatic manager, select options, then "SET PG/PC Interface"
Here you will see PCADAPTER(AUTO), PCADAPTER(MPI), PCADAPTER(PROFIBUS)

you should also try to use the "DISPLAY ACCESSIBLE NODES" option
From the menu in simatic manager, select PLC > DISPLAY ACCESSIBLE NODES.

You need to erase the MMC card. There are two ways, one is to fit into an external prommer and delete from SIMATIC manager. The other one can is to place this MMC into a different type of CPU.
The STOP Led will blink asking for a reset. You have to hold the MR key down for ten secs or so till the amber LED stop blinking. Then release the MR key and bring it down once again quickly. This will erase the MMC card.

Actually I am doing a project that is having communication in above two PLCs. I am trying with Profibus DP. For that I connected both the PLCs with Profibus connectors. But One CPU is showing Bus fault error BF1!