OT: "You want to apply for a job?" "I think not!"

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
As I was coming down the freeway ramp, still 300+ feet from the light, the light turns yellow, so I brake. The car behind me speeds up, but then brakes. Light is red long before I get to the light but the guy behind me, the one who sped up, now has to hit the brakes hard to keep from rear-ending me. Then he lays on his horn and waves a middle finger. He wanted to run the light. After the light the first chance he gets he zooms around me and cuts me off as he re-enters my lane. He is weaving in and out of traffic but I catch up to him at the next light. And agian at the light after that, only this time he is in the other lane. He's behind a slow starter, which he eventually weaves around and at the the light just 200' from the office he is behind me. The light turns green, and in 200' he he darts around me and back in front of me, and then to my surprise he turns into the office parking lot. He parks in a clearly marked, handicap parking stall when there are 7 or 8 empty stalls just one row away. As I enter he is asking the receptionist for a job application. Its filed. In the round file.

Did you at least interview him... I would of then told him that he drives like ****..

or.... give him a job, just so you can tell him he's a dumb *** every day :)

Well, technically, it was parking in the handicapped stall that blew it for the applicant. Still, its ironic to be in such a hurry and then blow it over something dumb like that.

When drivers do crud like that around me, I always hope to see them pulled over getting a ticket, and on a rare occasion that has happened, but your story is waaaay better...

Amen OkiePC!

I was coming up on my exit going to work one morning and traffic was all but stopped. A guy drove about 400 yards down the shoulder to take the same exit that I (and a lot of others) was waiting to take. I just shook my head and waited until I got to the exit and I saw the guy pulled over.

Another time I was driving by my house down a 35mph residential road. It's a popular road for joggers to jog and families to walk. This guy was passing people on double lines. About the 3rd car he passed, there was a little bump in the road, just big enough to hide a cop car on the other side. I slowed and gave him a thumbs up while he was pulled over.

Those are the only 2 examples that I can remember where a jerk actually got caught (out of about a million).

We had a guy in a big F-250 Truck who thought it would funny to swerve into our lane (me, my wife and our small child in a Honda civic) each time we neared passing him in the left (4 lane highway, two each way). I'd brake to avoid the swerve and slow down. He'd slow down so I'd catch up again and do the same thing. I held up my Cell Phone so that he could see that I could call the cops. That resulted in a nice finger salute, so I followed through, dialed the local dispatch (not 911) and explained what was going on. I tailed the guy for another mile or so and he saw me on the phone, so he sped up and darted down a side road and ran a stop sign merging into the next road right in front of the cop that was responding to our call. I've never been so satisfied that a jerk got his just rewards.

One day I was heading over to the freeway and I put on my turn signal to merge to the right lane to get on the ramp. As soon as I signaled the guy behind in the right lane punched it and closed the gap so I couldn't move over. Since I was still a couple of blocks from the ramp and there was a big gap just a couple of cars ahead I just moved up and merged at that gap. Well, it seems this guy couldn't stand that I still managed to get over into the lane I needed to be in (whats with these people anyways?) so on the on ramp he passes the two other cars and my car on the left shoulder halfway into the gravel just to prove something. At that time I figgured "whatever" and that I probably wouldn't ever see the dork again. Anyways, he must not have been in too much of a hurry because about five miles later I caught up with him. He was behind a car in the left regular lane (three lane + carpool lane), I was in the middle lane and had no cars in front of me, but I had a highway patrolman in the lane right behind me who had been there for a couple of miles. The guy saw me coming up but apparently didn't see the cop, and since he had "shown" me who deserved to be in front he just apparently couldn't let it go, so he changed to the center lane right in front of me, way too close for comfort, so I signaled and started to move right. The second I started to move he he darted right, again way too close for comfort, so I aborted the lane change and went back to the center lane, knowing that the highway patrolman had seen it all and that this guy changed way too close, less than three feet. I decided to get away from this guy, and switched to the left lane. Since there was now a truck between us in the center lane this guy over in the right punches it, darts around the truck and crosses three lanes of traffic to pull back in front of me again. I had to hit the brakes hard this time or he would have hit me, and the highway patrolman had seen enough. He pulled around left of me in the carpool lane and I happily let him up between us, where he then proceeded to make a lights and siren stop. As I went by the jerk I looked over and just smiled, he was livid.

Poetic justice. It doesn't happen often enough, but it is sweet when it does.

I did the cell phone thing once myself. A truck with a HVAC company logo with a couple of 18-19 year olds in it was swerving around the road not letting cars past and laughing about it. I got up along side of them, flipped open the phone, looked at the phone number on the door and pretended to dial it. The second the driver realized what I was doing he hit the brakes fast. I didn't make the call, but I hoped the kid worried about his job all day long.

Last edited:
Good to know some cops are still able to get on the road. Here in Belgium I get the distinct impression our cops don't even get out of their office anymore unless they're called to intervene at an accident site. Sadly enough I've witnessed two deadly accidents again this week. I must say, I was on the road the whole week which is an exceptional situation for me.

Kind regards,