S7-300 connections

katratzi

First question:

Can more than one person with the program go online with
an S7-300 cpu at the same time?

Second :

Can the MMC card store the program descriptions (comments,
parameter names,etc.) and does the MMC get updated every
time a change is made and downloaded to CPU?

Can answer your first question.

Yes with certain exceptions/warnings

You cannot both edit the same block (obvious maybe). The second person will get an error message, forget what it is, but I did try this on an S7-400 about a year ago, just to confirm what actually happens.

If you are using MPI/Profibus remember to change the node number of the second programmer, the default is zero, and you cannot have 2 devices with the same node number on a network.

If you are using MPI update time will a little slower (but its hardly noticable)

I actaully made up a Y cable for the project where two of us were commissioning at the same time. It worked fine.

Mike

O.K., thanks Mike.

We will also have two guys accessing at the same time- one through

the MPI/USB, the other will pug into the local ethernet switch.

Debuggen on S7-300

Mike Dyble said:
Can answer your first question.

Yes with certain exceptions/warnings

/QUOTE]

I have had the same problem and siemens sad it is not possible for the S7-300

Jan