controller change problem

hasan_ali

Hi,
I have one control logix PLC whose controler was off revision 13. Its controller went faulty.i replaced a controller with new one with revision 15. Now i have to download it into controller but when i try to change the controller in the ladder file and its revision it tries to convert the project into new revision but give me an error 'fatal error'. how can i change controller in ladder file to avoid that fatal error? can anyone guide me.

Thanks for your useful suggestions,

Yes you are right, I have upgraded the firmware from controlflash

it is ok. but when i tried to change the controller revision in controller properties in ladder file, it gives fatal error. what could be the possible cause of that or what could be done in that case?

Not sure of the cause, but another possible solution would be to export the project.
  1. Open the file in your V13 software
  2. Click File, Save As
  3. Enter a new file name
  4. Select RSLogix5000 Import/Export File (*.L5K) in the Save as Type field
  5. Select Save to export your project to a .L5K file
  6. Click File, Open
  7. Select the L5K you created in Step #5
  8. Click Open
  9. In the Save Imported Project As window type a name for the imported file
  10. in the bottom left select the revision to convert to.
  11. Click Import
OG

You could try to re-install V15 (make sure it is the latest one) or even go to V16. Make sure that you have installed .Net 1.1.

Thanks to all for so nice suggestions,

OG, i followed your steps and it worked good and my project is converted well. Now i will download and will check the result.
Thanks again.

same issue...

Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks for the info too, since I just upgraded my firmware to V16, and I wasn't sure how to upgrade my project from V15 to V16. Using your steps it was easy!

_Jeff_