Allen Bradley 1761-net-eni ethernet IP connection

mjcandlec

Hi,

Can someone advise me the proper procedure for establishing an internet RSlinx communication via ethernet-internet connected to CenturyTel DSL router to my 1761-net-eni. The module is talking to the PLC 5/03 serial port on-site just fine. It shows up on my RSLinx, AB ETH-1 ethernet driver and my com port director is working fine. I have configured the router to maintain the same IP address.
I have limited understanding of how to establish the connection off-site without my PC plugged into the USB port of the router.

I think I am missing proper configuration of the station mapping or browser to be able to connect via remote internet access?

Please help with any advise you may have.

Thanks

not sure how your router is configured, but I'm doing something similiar and I had to have a static IP address for my 1761-net-eni module and then I configured my router to do port forwarding to this static IP.

When accessing from the internet you need to use the ip address of the router in RSLinx and then it should allow RSLINX to pass through to your device!

I suggest you get this going on site using the internet not USB and then try it remotely. Hope this Works!

GertThePLCGuy said:
not sure how your router is configured, but I'm doing something similiar and I had to have a static IP address for my 1761-net-eni module and then I configured my router to do port forwarding to this static IP.

When accessing from the internet you need to use the ip address of the router in RSLinx and then it should allow RSLINX to pass through to your device!

I suggest you get this going on site using the internet not USB and then try it remotely. Hope this Works!
Thanks,

I will be trying that on-site next.