OT: free space optics units

surferb

Lifetime Supporting Member
I recently received a demo of "free space optics" units. Conceptually, they're similar to a "wireless fiber". You get an RJ-45 or Fiber connector on each end and that's it!

They use a low energy (can be powered via PoE) very directional signal that I think use the same frequency as fiber (in the IR band for sure). The units come in models that will go 300m or up to 3 miles at 10, 100, and 155 Mbs.

These make a lot of sense over other wireless options in many industrial applications. Besides that, they're cool.

Similar Topics

Dear All, I need to know, how to identify the free space left in an already used 1769L33ER Allen Bradly PLC. Regards, Yad
Replies
Views
Hi. Im having a siemens 417-4XL00 model. What is the recommended free memory space for that one???? Currently Im using 92% of the memory.
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm in search of software for electrical drawings, preferably free but also interested in paid options. Any recommendations or...
Replies
Views
Hello, S7-200 is installed with dot matrix printer. its printer is not working. now I have changed the printer. Problem in new printer is that...
Replies
Views
We are to develop a first application in Codesys. It will contain motion (Softmotion) with drives on Ethercat (CSP mode). Off course there will be...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom