Password ML1000 'L10'

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I know.... I know, we don't talk about passwords here but... I have a customer that just wants to clear the password and memory of a L10-BXB, these are not supported by the 65257636 any other ideas? and no they do not have a copy of the protected program.

Anyone every try and drain the capacitor in a MicroLogix? I know that you can not re-flash them.

Thanks
Mark

I can't find anything that says these MicroLogix 1000 don't use the same MLCLRMEM function as all other MicroLogix 1000 models. I realize you probably tried more than once, but really that ought to work.

AC-powered MicroLogix 1000's can sometimes have their memories cleared by intentionally shorting the onboard 24VDC supply, but that's a risky mechanism (you can damage them) and of course won't do the job on a DC-powered unit like yours.

Ken Roach said:
I can't find anything that says these MicroLogix 1000 don't use the same MLCLRMEM function as all other MicroLogix 1000 models. I realize you probably tried more than once, but really that ought to work.

AC-powered MicroLogix 1000's can sometimes have their memories cleared by intentionally shorting the onboard 24VDC supply, but that's a risky mechanism (you can damage them) and of course won't do the job on a DC-powered unit like yours.

I tried to find something also. The only thing I see is the KB clearly leaves out the L10 ( see below)

NoL10.jpg

Also, it appears that the following applies to your version of RSLogix500 when using the MLCLRMEM function:

Supported Software:
RSLOGIX 500 v3.01.09.02 or greater.
RSLOGIX 500 v6.00.00 does NOT support his procedure.
RSLOGIX 500 v6.10.00 or greater.

Greetings Mark ...

sometimes there is confusion about "passwords" ... let's just make sure that we're all talking about the same thing ...

password_message.JPG

the message above is what generally greets you when you try to go online with a processor which has an actual honest-to-goodness PASSWORD assigned to it ... you'll also see the same message if you try to open an offline file which has been protected with an actual honest-to-goodness PASSWORD ...

access_message.JPG

the message above is what you'll see if you try to open the ladder files in a processor which has "Future Access Denied" ... again, same message if you try to open the ladder files in an offline program if the "Future Access Denied" feature is turned on ...

just to nail things down, the "Future Access Denied" feature is turned on by setting the bit shown below to a ONE ...

access.JPG

this bit is also often called the "OEM" bit ... the idea is that Original Equipment Manufacturers can protect their programs from prying eyes ...

now the question becomes: which of the "messages" shown above is your customer running into? ... the answers to the problem can be different - depending on what we're up against ...

Thanks to everyone....

Ron, I am 99% sure that its the top one... as the program was downloaded to the PLC then deleted from the PC... some time passed then they tried to get back into the PLC and the screen pop up... I have asked my customer to view this thread, so they may respond different but I think I am correct

Thanks again
Mark

correction ...

duh! ... I Copied and Pasted one time too many ...

please ignore the following statement in my previous post ...

again, same message if you try to open the ladder files in an offline program if the "Future Access Denied" feature is turned on ...

somehow I missed the OBVIOUS fact that if you are "trying to open an offline file" then you will NOT have a problem with the "Future Access Denied" feature - because of the OBVIOUS fact that the file you are trying to open IS the "confirmation" file that the feature checks for ...

I guess I need more sleep at night ...

Ken Roach said:
I can't find anything that says these MicroLogix 1000 don't use the same MLCLRMEM function as all other MicroLogix 1000 models. I realize you probably tried more than once, but really that ought to work..

I found the reference that Mickey posted several years ago... so I tried it several times this last night and again this morning, so I looked further and found (like Mickey) it does not have the L10's listed

Then I thought like Paul has pointed to the rev number.. but I am using 7 and no luck

Ron said:
I guess I need more sleep at night ...

Something I think we all need to do more of :).. but we are the ones that decided to get into this automation world :D