Good rs485 Simulator/program

danieluy

Anybody would like to recommend their favorite RS-485 PC Comm program?

i would like to connect DVP-PLC with Enraf Controllers and would like to make it easier if i can simulate or generate the correct codes first from PC...

thanks!!

after days of research and trial and error..
I've tried
-232Analyzer
-CAS Modbus Scanner
-Modbus Poll
-ModScan32

I'm trying to send the Modbus,Ascii,7e1, string ":010321020002D7"

and only ModScan32 did successfully sent the string... and got the correct response from the device.

maybe i did something wrong using the other programs?

I have done a lot of serial work in PLC5s and my favorite way to send test strings is to use the original 16 bit version of MS Terminal.exe that was provided with the early operating systems. It has 4 independent sets of 10 function keys which can be selected to appear at the edge of the comm window.

You can then setup your strings in the the Function keys configuration. Then you can click the function key and the string comes out the selected serial port. If you are expecting a response, it will show up in the terminal window.

Also, it can be configured to send and record plain text files or binary files.

If you check out a windows 95 installation, you will probably find it in the OS files. It does not need any special installation but the configuration can be saved in a config file that should be carried with it, if you move to another machine.

Best Regards,

Bob A.

I'm a big fan of RealTerm for debugging serial comms issues.

The sheer amount of options can be a bit daunting at first but after playing with it for a bit you soon get to feel your way around.

krk said:
I'm a big fan of RealTerm for debugging serial comms issues.

have looked at RealTerm and its phenomenal!!! it can even do I2C... :)

M gonna try also the MS Terminal... hmm... where do i dig-up my Win95 CDs......

Will try both programs and will feedback you guys... :)