Panasonic / Nais basics...

bluedemon

Hello, I have experience with RS logic and am finding it hard to figure out how to do basics on my F14R.

For starters..how do I reset a counter. It does not allow me to pick it with the reset command and killing the relay that started it does not seem to help either.

thanks
bd.

The reset input of Nais counters is done by energising the bottom rung of the counter. Also, if the reset input in kept energised, the counter will not be able to count down, regardless of the input.

The top rung of the counter is the count input.

Last edited:
thanks

Hello, and thanks for the quick reply. I actually figured something out in the wee hours of the morning. I have been using the basic version of the demo software adn realized that I should have been using the pro-version of the demo software. The timer itself works like I expected.

I am a little dissapointed that the timer block does not seem to show the countdown of the timer. But, I am new and maybe doing it wrong.

cheers

Counter - timer, which do you mean.................

Anyway - the panasonic website have all the programming manuals to download. they are laid out in an easy to understand manner.

The timer block will show the countdown data when you goto online monitoring. Counters will do the same thing.

So drop thte program into your plc and run it. All will be revealed.

doh !

Thanks goody and abom, I really should have hunted for infor before trying to hack at it myself....still too much of a boy at heart...and years of having no docs did not help.(my excuse !) smile,

Anyway, let the fun begin.

For the record, I program 5-axis cnc machines and managed to squeeze in some plc training during the automotive slowdown. I got my old job back after school was finished but am quite motivated to keep up on my training. It seems like a worthy venture.

cheers

I always love to learn more. I built a test bench for teh PLC with sensor, air actuators, Vacuum pickers, VFD's, steppers, encoders etc to test a muilti axis pick and place and the like.

My wife isn't as enthusistaic about it as I am however

Have Fun

Cool

I actually just napped a bunch of pneumatics hardware from a scrap yard and hope to build some halloween gear. I don't expect to incorporate a VFD anywhere in that (smile).