RS View studio problem

hasan_ali

I have one pannel view whose backup is in the form of .apa file extension. I know it is compressed. I would like to decompress that file to open the screens to change some tags but whenever i tries to open it gives me error that

check that the disk space is enough for operation
file is not open at any other place
the destination application not already exists

I have checked there is a lot space on disk, file is not open anywhere else and i am decompressing in new folder so not exists already.
How can i open my project? Also we can not upload from pannel view.

hasan_ali said:
I have one pannel view whose backup is in the form of .apa file extension. I know it is compressed. I would like to decompress that file to open the screens to change some tags but whenever i tries to open it gives me error that

check that the disk space is enough for operation
file is not open at any other place
the destination application not already exists

I have checked there is a lot space on disk, file is not open anywhere else and i am decompressing in new folder so not exists already.
How can i open my project? Also we can not upload from pannel view.
You cannot just de-compress the APA file.(Win zip and such)
You must use RSView Studio and the "Import Application" function within the software to import and de-compress the APA file.
In case you need to delete an already imported APA file you must use the same function from within RSView studio to delete it.
What version of RSView studio?
It is possible that the actual application was created with a newer version of the software.

Yes,

i am opening the file with RS View studio application manager. It is giving error in that.Version is 4.0
how can i open that project?

What do you mean "decompressing to a new folder?" RSview Studio projects live in a fixed directory (local factory talk directory) and you can't change where you decompress the project.
Also, have you tried restarting all the RS service? (rebooting is the easiest)

decompressing means converting .apa extension to the normal application to be open for edditing. I am opening in default local factory talk directory but application does not exists there already. I have rebooted a lot times.

Can i send you the project for conversion?

hasan_ali said:
decompressing means converting .apa extension to the normal application to be open for edditing. I am opening in default local factory talk directory but application does not exists there already. I have rebooted a lot times.

Can i send you the project for conversion?
If by any chance the application was ever created in the default folder and was removed by other means (not the import/remove application method within RSView Studio) it will still be in the registry.
Cleaning up the registry will allow you to import it again.
I would recommend Rockwell support though to walk you through on how to clean up the registry.

Sorry, to say not to p^lay with windows register if you don't know exactly what to do.

If you have a valid RS view Studio, you can open your apa file by restoring it using the application manager.

You can access the Application manager from the start menu, programs etc... Then you select Restore application, and you select your apa file from where it is, a floppyn, a flash disk or any place. then you follow the prompt and the instructions. The Apa extension is an archive file it's a complete file with your project setting. Screens, type of panel, etc.

hasan_ali said:
Yes,

i am opening the file with RS View studio application manager. It is giving error in that.Version is 4.0
how can i open that project?

If your version of RSView Studio version is older than 4.0, and the archived file is a version 4.0, then you may have find someone to convert it for you, or upgrade your development software.

Raphael posted the correct steps for restoring the archived file, is that the method you have already tried?

I have faced exactly same problem but after indtalling RSLinx Enterrprise I am able to restore .apa file for editting. Just check if RSLinx Enterprise is installed in your system.

I have faced exactly same problem but after installing RSLinx Enterrprise I am able to restore .apa file. Just check if RSLinx Enterprise is installed in your system.

Hi guys,
I have an APA files (Version 4) of my application from other PC. I copied this APA files to another PC using the same version. I want to edit the application to the this PC but I can't open it. I copied the MER of this application then save it to this new PC then run and it works but there's is a problem with the RSlinx.
I also tried to copy this application by creating a new file name and restore my application to this new created one. It was successful but text display and all my tags is nowhere to locate. I tried to import my tags from my old application but no to avail. Any suggestions? RsLinx is installed in the new PC (CPR9)