.dat file manipulation

dls1230

I am trying to edit/view some .dat files logged from RSView SE. i have the datalog reader from Rockwell which will allow me to open the .dat file and save it as a .dbf file. This can then be opened and edited in Excel. However, the data I have is logged every 10 seconds and Excel will only display the data up until about 3 PM for each day.

Does anyone know of any other useful programs out there? Thanks!

It sounds to me that you are exceeding the 65000 records.

I don't rembember the name of the Rockwell utility but that have 1 more utility for records that go past 65000 and need to be imported to Excel. The one that you normally use was somelike like 2bftoXCL.exe (2BF To Excel).

Hopefully another member will remember or you may have to give A-B a call.