RSLogix 500 software...1747-PIC ser A ??? USB Converter

simele

Does any one have a converter that works...Want to use with IBM Windows98...CompactXP...MacBook...Mac OS X version 10.5.2...thanks...bds

Yes...

But you will never find a USB adapter for a 1747-PIC... the only thing that will work for older SLC's (500/501/502 and the non 232 port on a 503) is a UIC this is made by Allen Bradley, other then your AB distrubitor you can search eBay...

With that said... you are running Win98 on a PC that does not have a serial port?

1747-UIC is the USB to rs 485 converter from ABB Not sure if it will work for all the operating systems you mentioned above

geniusintraining said:
Yes...

But you will never find a USB adapter for a 1747-PIC... the only thing that will work for older SLC's (500/501/502 and the non 232 port on a 503) is a UIC this is made by Allen Bradley, other then your AB distrubitor you can search eBay...

With that said... you are running Win98 on a PC that does not have a serial port?
Greetings git
The old IBM does have a com port...yes...it is real tired...wanted to see if something new was out there for USB to Serial...because my 1747-UIC...just retired on its own...guess I will order a DELL with a com port...a cheap one is not that much more than a new UIC.

simele said:
Greetings git
The old IBM does have a com port...yes...it is real tired...wanted to see if something new was out there for USB to Serial...because my 1747-UIC...just retired on its own...guess I will order a DELL with a com port...a cheap one is not that much more than a new UIC.

If you can get a laptop for the cost of a 1747-UIC PLEASE
let us know where you got it.

CostofUIC.jpg

Last edited: