Adding HMI Alarms in RSView ME

sopenco

I am VERY green in all things PLC, but it seems pretty simple. I had to modify an existing program just to add a few fault conditions. I did the PLC end of it setting all my alarm bits, but now I'm unsure about the panel end of it. I found the HMI Tags part of the app and set alarms there for all of my bits, but is there anything else I need to do to create these new alarms? Any guidance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you for your response, but I was unable to find such an example that would answer this question. Can someone please tell me if there is something other than adding HMI tags that I need to do in RSView ME to add additional alarms to an existing program? Thank you in advance...

You may need to specify the alarm trigger and the message to be displayed. Check: Alarms -> Alarms Setup in the Explorer Window.

Follow the existing setup, add the proper tags/messages and give it a try. Force the alarms in the plc, check that the proper message appears.