MSG commands slc/5/05

mp2admin

Hi, I am new here and trying to read all the posts related to msg commands but am still in a bind to understand them. I am trying to read data from an ether net IP # and when the ip is not accessible the msg commands errors out. I am testing everything by using a timer to toggle the msg command but after awhile the msg command does not work and the waiting for que space is checked with a "1". I have tried all of the suggestion but am stumped to get one msg command to work let alone cascade multiple msg commands. Could someone lend me their knowledge.

Last edited:
Your post is very confusing. Could you list it out in detail.
Something like:

I am trying to send a MSG from a 5/05 plc with IP Address. XXX. XXX.XXX.254
to a plc-5 with address XXX. XXX.XXX.253

Here is a screen shot of my msg setup dialog box:
mgs_1.png